Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Still sticking to Low Carb

I tried a switch to Advocare products as a way to stay healthy and continue with weight loss. They are a great way to stay healthy, and some lose weight by adhering to their product use, but that was not my experience. Perhaps since I've become used to a low carb lifestyle, switching to one that wasn't did not work. The advocare products are fairly low in calories (~220 calories for a meal replacement shake), but are rather high in carbohydrates (~24g of carbohydrates for that same shake).

So back to the low carb lifestyle. Will continue with the vitamin supplements I get from Advocare, but not with the food products. I have returned to a low carb, 5 to 6 meal routine, and am losing those extra pounds I gained in the last few months. It was nice having meal bars and shakes at the ready for a quick meal between meals, but there are products out there that are much lower in carbohydrates. The Atkins shakes and bars are excellent between meal solutions and have only 2 or 3 carbs per shake or bar. Much more like it. They are pretty tasty too!

So, in 2011, it will be sticking to a low carb, healthy diet, and all should be good.

1 comment:

  1. How are you doing now? I've just started the IP diet (1st week) and have lost 10 pounds (i'm sure much of that is water, but it all helps) After reading your and others' blogs I'm a little concerned about what I just got into. This is a program being administered from my own doctor's office, and she herself has been on it for 9 months, with great results. Her whole staff practically, are on it too and love it. They say this is not supposed to be the ultimate long term solution, just a vehicle to lose the fat. I've got a long way to go. I'm at least 120 pounds obese. Thanks for your helpful information and I sure appreciate the tips! Looking forward to hearing an update soon. Thanks! ~ Esther

    ReplyDelete